National Health Insurance
Students must have health insurance coverage if they are enrolled as full-time students at GIT. As of March 1, 2021, the Korean Government has issued a new law which international students residing in Korea with a valid D-2 student visa are subject to a mandatory subscription to the Korean National health insurance from March 1, 2021. You can see more information regarding the guidelines in attachment available here: GIT- Mandatory Subscription to NHIS Notice.
However, you cannot apply for the Korean National Health Insurance until your Alien Registration information is registered to the system. It usually takes at least one month to receive your Alien Registration Card (ARC) after you apply.
All GIT students must send proof of health insurance or traveler’s insurance to the GIT office. ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) If you cannot prove your health insurance coverage when you come to GIT, your admission offer may be rescinded.
National Health Insurance Exclusion Application :
1) Please check with NHIS for detailed exception conditions.
2) Required Document: documents verifying that medical guarantee, such as applications for exclusion of membership, insurance certificates, etc. is available.
- France: exclusion application(exclusion processes after checking Nationality)
- Japan: Japan health insurance card , exclusion application
- U.S.A: 유니폼카드 또는 Blue Cross Blueshield insurance card, exclusion application
※ For documents in foreign languages, you can submit the original and Korean translation number together.(Apostille certification and translation notarization are not required.)
※ If you would like to apply for a subscription exception, please contact the NHIS (Tel. 1577-1000) first and prepare the documents.
Inquiry / Consultation
TEL : 1577-1000 (Dial 7 for information on foreign languages)
TEL : 033-811-2000 / Service in foreign languages
(English, Chinese, Vietnamese and available)
More Center Information(Link or QR code) : https://www.nhis.or.kr/english/wbheaa02100m01.do