All students in Yonsei University can create the school email account "XXXX@yonsei.ac.kr".
*** If your name consists of more than three words, the email application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send an email to email@example.com and indicate (1) your name, (2) your student number, (3) desirable ID that you would like to use with "@yonsei.ac.kr" so that the email service team will help you manually.
1. Go to Yonsei Portal > Click [Web Mail]
2. Click [아이디 신청] to Sign up
3. Put your student ID & password for verification
4. Sign up & Submit an application
Students of Yonsei University can create the Office 365 account get Microsoft softwares for free.
1. Go to https://o365.yonsei.ac.kr/
2. Click [계정생성하기] (Create Account)
3. Verification with your Yonsei Portal ID / Password
4. Agree to the terms and conditions
5. Check your firstname.lastname@example.org account information (this will be used for accessing to the MS office) and click [오피스 365 로그인 (https://portal.office.com)]
6. Log in with your o365 account address
7. Now you can download Microsoft 365 Office by clicking [오피스설치] (Install).
1) Master of Theology (Th.M.)
- The applicant must be a Non-Korean who holds or expects to hold a diploma from a four-year regular university in theology or other departments, or who is recognized to have an equivalent or higher academic background.
- In the case of the applicant graduating or expecting to graduate from a non-theological department, the applicant must fulfill 12 credits of theological subjects after admission if obtained less than 12 credits in the previous university.
- Proficiency in the English language (for ESL students): TOEFL PBT 570, CBT 230, iBT 88 (with sub scores of at least 20 in each of the test's four sections), iELTS 6.5 (each no less than 6.0); or certificate of medium of instruction in English in the previous university (test score report must be valid within 2 years)
2) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- The applicant must be a Non-Korean who holds or expects to hold a diploma in Th.M. or M.Div., or who is recognized to have an equivalent or higher academic background.
- Proficiency in the English language (for ESL students): TOEFL PBT 600, CBT 250, iBT 100 (with sub scores of at least 20 in each of the test's four sections), iELTS 7.0 (each no less than 6.5); or certificate of medium of instruction in English in the previous university (test score report must be valid within 2 years)
Q. I want to extend the semester. What should I do with my visa?
A. GIT students must apply for visa extension when they want to prolong their stay in Korea due to extending the school year/semester. The immigration office will allow you to stay more than 6 months (up to 2 years maximum) according to your request.
Application Materials should be prepared as follows:
- Application Form
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Certificate of Domestic Residence (e.g. Songdo Dormitory Certificate, Certificate or Receipt of the Housing if you reside out of campus, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Letter of Request, Letter from Thesis Advisor (* please ask GIT coordinator to receive these forms)
- Application Fee (60,000KRW for sojourn extension)
You can apply for an student ID card in the following two ways.
(1) To visit Woori Bank in campus (office hours: 09:00~16:00 weekdays)
- Songdo campus branch: 1st floor at Dormitory B
- Sinchon campus branch: at the Student Union Building
- Please bring your passport or alien registration card.
(2) To apply online through the Portal