GIT students will reside in the newly-built Yonsei International Campus (YIC) in Songdo, Incheon, fully covered.
1. Application Schedule: GIT Homepage > [NEWS AND EVENT] > [Student Services]
2. Housing Application
A. Application period will be regularly announced through GIT homepage.
B. How to apply : On the Yonsei Portal (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) -> Log-in with your student ID > Academic Information System > Academic Management System > School Life > Songdo Dormitory > Application (Non-RC)
※ Students will stay in three-bed ward room (triple room) with one or two roommate(s). Please understand some residents will be randomly assigned to have two roommates due to space shortages. Students cannot choose a roommate but randomly assigned.
C. After completing the application, please check the Application Veri/Modification menu to see whether your application has been submitted well.
3. Housing Deposit
A. Deposit of 100,000 KRW is required every semester before moving in. The payment period will be announced through GIT homepage.
B. Paying cash is not applicable. Students can find where to transfer the deposit at the Portal as follows: http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr > Academic Information System > Academic Management System > School Life > Songdo Dormitory > Bill (Printout).
※ Those who did not pay it in the above period will not be available to move in.
※ Considering the processing time between banks, please pay the housing fee in advance before the due date in the case of remittance from abroad.
C. We don’t notice about housing fee and the virtual payment account by E-mail or text message, so please check it out by Yonsei Portal.
D. The deposit will be automatically refunded around the first month of next semester to the account which has been registered, please make sure to register the right bank account number.
※ All students are recommended to make Korean domestic account to receive dormitory deposit refund as well as their stipend per semester.
※ How to check/modify the bank account number
a) http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr > Academic Information System > Academic Management System > Student Record > Information > Personal Data > Bank Account (Modify)
b) Domestic bank account with student's own name is only available to register.
F. Please note that students must apply for dormitory housing through Yonsei Portal. If you are planning to stay outside the campus, please let GIT office know in advance.
G. Medical certificates must be submitted when you move in. All students should prepare the documents by themselves in advance; Please refer to Guideline 5 below.
4. Submission of Medical Certificates (IMPORTANT)
A. All students who want to move into the dormitory must submit 'Chest X-ray results(for tuberculosis test)' and 'Certificate of MMR(Measles, Mumps & Rubella) Vaccination' (only Korean and English versions are valid).
※ 기숙사 제출서류: 흉부 X선 진단서(결핵), MMR(홍역, 볼거리, 풍진) 예방접종 증명서
B. X-ray for tuberculosis (TB) inspection
1) TB inspection should be done in the hospital and must not go over expire date (within 3 months from a date of issue).
2) TB inspection certificate must be submitted EVERY SEMESTER (by the end of February & August).
3) Once issued, the X-ray Certificate is valid within 3 months from the Move-in date.
4) CD, film etc. cannot be submitted instead of the certificate. Only the document of certificate with the seal can be submitted.
5) Where to take TB X-ray test
- Any hospitals for internal diseases (내과) or Public health center (보건소) or
- (near Songdo campus) 연세최선내과: 인천 연수구 신송로125번길 7 (송도동 3-5 이리옴프라자), 032-859-7582)
- (near Sinchon campus) 대한의료영상의학과 (Korean Radiology Clinic): Moo-song Bld 3rd floor, near Sinchon Subway Station (Exit no. 6)
C. MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) Vaccination Certificate: A certificate of 2nd vaccination is valid.
1) Where to take: any hospitals for internal diseases (내과)
2) Those who have already submitted the MMR certificate do not need to submit it again.
D. Move-in is only available if both documents are submitted at the time of checking in. If one of those document is not prepared, move-in is basically not allowed on that day you arrived. Move-in procedure might be refused if it turns out that communal living is not possible according to the results of the medical check up.
E. The term of validity for the Chest X-ray Certificate: within 3 months from the Move-In date
F. Where to submit: at the lobby of dormitory on the very day of your move-in
※ Inquiries : 82-32-749-5103(Dormitory 1) / 82-32-749-5203(Dormitory 2)
5. Information for Move-In
A. Move-In Procedure
1) Confirm your identification at each reception when you check in(ID cards required).
2) Submit the medical certificates(Chest X-ray results & MMR Vaccination)
3) Check your assigned room, get a card key and two types of check-in documents.
4) After the beginning of the new semester, Please submit facility check list on the Songdo dormitory homepage (https://yicdorm.yonsei.ac.kr).
5) Internal facilities : desk, chair, wardrobes, shoe closet, single bed, mattress, individual air conditioning & heating system, shower room, toilet, LAN port
B. Required items to move-in
1) Student ID number or ID card (for the confirmation)
2) Personal belongings (mattress sheet for single bed size(1,000*2,000, height 200), bedding, pillow, toiletries, clothes hangers, slippers and etc.)
※ Please make sure to keep your belongings in a proper level due to the fact that dormitory is a place for the communal living.
※ Size of Wardrobes : 600*2,100 for double room, 280*2,100 for triple room
C. All personal electronic heating devices are NOT allowed to use in the room (except for a hair drier or straightener)
D. No pets or strangers allowed in the dormitory.
E. How to get a delivery : delivery storage at each building's lobby
※ Be sure to exclude your valuables from the delivery in case of losing it.
※ Please dispatch the delivery after confirming the assigned building and room number which will be noticed on the website.
※ Address for the delivery : Room #, Bld. #, Songdo Dormitory, Yonsei International Campus, Songdo Gwahak-ro 85, Yoensu-gu, Incheon (Zip: 21983)
F. Food expenses are not included in the housing support.
6. Application Info for the Handicapped Students
: Please ask 'Support Center for Handicapped Students' about the details for the application such as required documents and how to submit it (T. 82-2-2123-3633).
A. The housing application can be completed only if every item in the form is filled without fail. If not, the application is not fully finished.
B. The room might be limited according to the applied room types and all the room type assignment is determined randomly for this case.
C. Housing deposit should be paid within preset period to the virtual account individually assigned. If it is unpaid, the move-in will be delayed or you will be forced to leave.
D. Please make sure your payment should be transferred in your name if possible. The payment in installments or with a credit card is not acceptable.
E. It is impossible to pay the housing fee after the designated period.
F. If you want to cancel the application for personal circumstances or an another university registration after the payment, please download and fill 'the Refund Application' form from the YIC dormitory website and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org until the designated deadline. Once the move-in procedure is finished, housing fee will be refunded by the terms of mid-departure regulations.
※ YIC Dormitory website (https://yicdorm.yonsei.ac.kr) → Community → Form Downloading → the Refund Application
※ E-mail title : [Refund] Student ID_Name
G. Refund for the mid-departure students will be repaid after deducting 150,000 KRW on the housing fee and the extra amount will be refunded after calculating by day remained staying period. After June 1st or September 1st, NO refunds are available.
H. In case of the leave of absence or dropout in the middle of the semester, staying in the dormitory is not allowed for the rest of the housing period (move-out is supposed to be progressed with applying a leave of absence or dropout at the same time).
I. Students who want to use the dormitory during the vacation period must apply separately, and will be assigned to move to designated area.
J. The dormitory has a curfew system (at 02:00 ~ 05:30 in the morning) to reduce the damage of late-night noise to the roommate and neighboring students living together.
A. Yonsei Int'l Campus General Administration Office (Dormitory Management Team)
1) Address : #409 Vision Hall, Yonsei International Campus, Songdo Gwahakro 85, Yoensu-gu, Incheon.
2) Tel : 82-32-749-2991, 2992
B. YIC Songdo Dormitory 1 (Block A~C)
1) Address : #A106 Songdo Dormitory, Yonsei International Campus, Songdo Gwahakro 85, Yoensu-gu, Incheon.
2) Tel : 82-32-749-5103
C. YIC Songdo Dormitory 2 (Block D~F) --- GIT Zone: "Dorm F"
1) Address : #D113 Songdo Dormitory, Yonsei International Campus, Songdo Gwahakro 85, Yoensu-gu, Incheon.
2) Tel : 82-32-749-5203