- [Thesis] Thesis Submission Guide (for Aug. 2023 Graduates)
- 게시글 내용
We sincerely congratulate all of you who accomplished the final result of study in Yonsei University.
Please submit your thesis to the Library as below:
1. Online Submission
i. When: June 26 Mon 09:00 ~ June 30 Fri 17:00 (24 hours available during the period)
ii. How: Dissertation online submission site (http://dcollection.yonsei.ac.kr) -> Login -> Submit
- Use Yousei portal ID/PW.
iii. Please read the attached thesis submission guides both English and Korean first.
iv. File format: PDF format only (other formats can cause page breakage, picture/chart breakage, etc.)
v. How to enter thesis information to the Library system(Metadata)
- Title: Enter your thesis cover title. (Please copy the cover title from the thesis file and paste it)
- Traslated title: Enter the translated thesis title as written on the abstract, title page, or cover. (Copy & Paste)
- Author name: Enter the author name as written on the cover.
vi. How to revise Yonsei Portal’s Thesis Title : COPY the Library Metadata’s title and REPLACE Yonsei Portal’s title
- The thesis titles you enter on Library’s Metadata and Yonsei Portal should be identical including the upper and lower cases, number of spaces, punctuation marks, etc.
- You can request to revise the library’s thesis title only if it is different from the cover title or for typos because the library title will be used for searching your thesis online!
- If the titles on Library system and Yonsei Portal are not identical, copy the library’s thesis title and replace Yonsei Portal’s thesis title to make them identical.
vii. Your thesis file must contain an approval sheet (signature page) with names of all the thesis committee members, but the signatures(or Seals) of them are not mandatory when you submit your thesis online.
viii. Verification work time: 9:00 ~ 17:00, during submission period
- For checking the metadata you entered and whether there are any problems with the submitted file, etc.
- After the verification, the approval process is performed manually by the administrator. Normally, it is approved within 1 business day, but it may take longer if the deadline is near and the submitter is driven.
- Please check your thesis status on the ‘dCollection – Submit history’ page.
Thesis status Approval status Explanation ‘Submit’ button Unapproved Your submission is in a temporary save state.
Please press the ‘Submit’ button and complete the process.
Accept complete Unapproved The submission process is complete.
Please wait for verification by the administrator.
Return Unapproved Your submission has been returned.
Please check the ‘My Notice’ for the reason for the return.
Click on the title of the paper to complete the resubmission process.
Re-submit Unapproved Resubmission process has been completed after the return.
Please wait for verification by the administrator.
Submit complete Approved Your submission has been approved after the verification.
Please print and bind your thesis.
Please print the License Agreement and Submit Confirmation of submission and submit it together with the submission.
2. Hardbound Thesis Submission
i. When: July 3 Mon ~ July 10 Mon 9:00 ~ 17:00 (Weekdays only)
ii. Where: MakerSpace, 1F Yonsei-Samsung Library
iii. Items to submit
① Hard-bound thesis Required: 4 copies (5 copies are required for copyright disagree or Department of Law thesis)
- One of the copies should have the thesis approval sheet with original signatures by all members of the advisory committee.
- Other copies may include original or copied approval sheet.
- If you are not able to get the original signatures of your committee members, you can request “Thesis Approval” on Yonsei Portal.
- The “Thesis Approval” is for candidates of the Graduate School only.
- Please ask your affiliated graduate school or department office about “Thesis Approval”.
② License Agreement Required: 1 copy
- With the author’s signature.
③ Submit Confirmation Required: 1 copy
- Please get confirmation stamp from the thesis submission office.
- Submit it to your graduate school office.
(For applicants who belongs to the general graduate school, submit it at the thesis submission office.)
*License Agreement and Submit Confirmation can be printed out on the ‘dCollection – Submit history’ page, after online submission is approved.
i. The format of the thesis should be confirmed by the author referring to the dissertation notice on the homepage of the graduate school. If there is a format designated by your graduate school/department, please follow it. There is no specific format designated by the library.
ii. Please refer to the link below for information on the dissertation writing format of Yonsei University Graduate School.
iii. When submitting by deputy, please make your deputy bring your identification card (student ID card is OK) and then visit the submission office.
iv. Please adhere to the deadline for online, book thesis submission.
i. About online & hardbound thesis submission: Library Thesis Submission Office
- Tel: 02-2123-4643, 4644
- E-mail: email@example.com
- [Online Request Form] : https://bit.ly/library_thesis (for File Return / Library's Thesis Title Revision / Etc)
- Service hours: 09:00 ~ 17:00 on weekdays
* Please read the thesis submission guides both English and Korean first.
* Use the [Library Thesis Online Request Form] to request file return, library’s thesis title revision, and so on.
ii. About degree examination and graduation affairs : Yonsei Graduate School or affiliated major's administration team
Go to Library Notice in Korean about Thesis Submission
The thesis files you submit will be provided as online full-text services through the dCollection of the Yonsei University Library and RISS of the Korea Education and Research Information Service. In addition, 2 copies of the papers are kept at the Yonsei University Library for archiving / reading, and one at the National Library of Korea and the National Assembly Library.
Please cooperate in the submission process so that your valuable research results can be used for future research and academic development.