The Korean Ministry of Education recently set guidelines stating that all international students are required to either submit their proof of insurance or purchase insurance in Korea. Please refer to the following information and submit your proof of health insurance every semester two weeks before your course registration begins. Otherwise, access to the school portal system will be restricted. Please apply for insurance as soon as possible for your health and welfare and to avoid any disadvantages in course registration.
(Only one of the following three listed insurances is required to submit.)
1. National Health Insurance: International students staying in Korea for a long-term will receive the same benefits as Korean citizens; to apply for national health insurance service, please visit http://nhic.or.kr.
2. School Group Insurance (Recommended): Students will pay a discounted rate to the insurance company contracted with the university; please see the details belows.
3. Private Insurance: If you have purchased private insurance from your home country, you must make sure whether it is applicable in Korea. Comfirmation is granted once you submit documented evidence stating the terms of policy, insurance period, and personal information.
* Students must send their health insurance certificate to GIT office (firstname.lastname@example.org). When sending an e-mail, please indicate your student ID number.
About School Group Insurance
1. Complete your insurance application online at: http://n.foreignerdb.com/yonsei and click "GO→" button. Confirm the rate and make payment online to the virtual account. After you have received the insurance certificate online, please submit it to GIT office.
2. Rate: Male 102,000 KRW / Female 118,000 KRW
3. Duration: 1 year
4. Inquiries regarding application and claims:
Meritz Insurance (Joongang Ins Korea)
Kakao Talk ID: INSCLAIM (English service available)